Christopher Hitchens’ Ten Commandments:
- Do not condemn people on the basis of their ethnicity or their colour.
- Do not ever even think of using people as private property.
- Despise those who use violence or the threat of it in sexual relations.
- Hide your face and weep if you dare to harm a child.
- Do not condemn people for their inborn nature.
- Be aware that you, too, are an animal, and dependent on the web of nature. Try to think and act accordingly.
- Do not imagine you can avoid judgement if you rob people (by lying to them) rather than with a knife.
- Turn off that fucking cell phone.
- Denounce all jihadists and crusaders for what they are: psychopathic criminals with ugly delusions and terrible sexual repressions.
- Reject any faith if their commandments contradict any of the above.
“Don’t swallow your moral code in tablet form.”
– Christopher Hitchens