The following events make up a very brief overview of the next 10,000 years:
- [+1,000] Most Words Extinct: Due to the rapid evolution of words, a thousand years from now, probably no single present day word will be used.
- [+1,000] Carbon Dioxide: 29% of the carbon dioxide released before 2100 will still be in the atmosphere.
- [+1,000] New North Star: Gamma Cephei will replace Polaris.
- [+2,000] Greenland Ice Melted: The ice sheet will have melted completely; the Earth will be 8 degrees Celsius warmer on average; sea levels will be about 6 metres higher.
- [+2,372] Hale-Bopp Returns: The comet that was last seen in 1997 is due to return around 4385 CE.
- [+3,200] New North Star #2: Iota Cephei wins the top spot.
- [+10,000] Carbon Dioxide: 14% of the carbon dioxide that has been released will still be present in the atmosphere – presuming no solution has been found.
See other: Events of the Far Future