Not taking into account the first 100,000 years, the following events make up a very brief overview of the next 1,000,000 years:
- [+296,000] Voyager 2 vs Sirius: The space probe will pass within 4.7 light years of the brightest star in the sky.
- [+500,000] Asteroid Strike: The Earth will probably have been hit by an asteroid with a +1km diameter by now.
- [+500,000] Safe Plutonium: The spent nuclear fuel in today’s reactors will be safe.
- [+500,000] New Ice Age: A new global freeze will probably have made life on Earth very difficult for a large number of organisms by now.
- [+1,000,000] Betelgeuse Explosion: The red supergiant will have exploded by now; the explosion will probably be visible in daylight.
- [+1,000,000] Monuments: Massive stone structure like the Giza pyramid or stone sculptures like Mount Rushmore may still exist – everything else we see around us today will no longer be around.
- [+1,000,000] Glass Decomposed: All glass created to date will have degraded.
See other: Events of the Far Future