Not taking into account the first 1,000,000,000 years, the following events make up a very brief overview of the next 10,000,000,000 years:
- [+1,300,000,000] End Of Most Cellular Life: CO2 starvation will kill all cells with a nucleus (eukaryotes), only those without nuclei (prokaryotes) will survive.
- [+2,300,000,000] End Of Earth’s Magnetic Field: The Earth’s core will freeze. Rotation generates the magnetic field – no rotation and no field means no protection from the Sun.
- [+2,800,000,000] The End Of Life: Surface temperature will rise to 147C. Virtually all life as we know it has no chance.
- [+3,500,000,000] Earth Like Venus: The surface conditions will become near identical to that of Venus (read: very nasty).
- [+4,000,000,000] Milky Way vs Andromeda: Our galaxy will collide with a massive neighbour forming a single, super Milkomeda galaxy.
- [+5,400,000,000] Sun’s Hydrogen Exhausted: The sun will become a red giant.
- [+7,900,000,000] Sun Hits Max Radius: The sun will expand to 256 times its current size. Mercury, Venus and Earth may be destroyed.
- [+8,000,000,000] Sun Is White Dwarf: The sun becomes a carbon-oxygen star with about 54% of its current mass.
See other: Events of the Far Future