Here are some amazing predictions about human society and the earth on which we live for the 22nd century. Remember, these are intelligent predictions, whatever really happens remains to be seen.
- From 2100 onward, 12% (about 1250) of the bird species existing at the beginning of the 21st century are expected to be extinct or threatened with extinction.
- From the beginning of the 22nd century, human intelligence will be vastly amplified by artificial intelligence.
- Around the same time, nomadic floating cities will be roaming the oceans.
- Also, by 2100, Emperor Penguins could be pushed to the brink of extinction due to global climate change, according to a Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution study from January 2009. The study applied mathematical models to predict how the loss of sea ice from climate warming would affect an Antarctica colony of Emperor Penguins, and they forecast a decline of 87% in the colony’s population by the end of the century.
- In 2110, man-made control of earthquakes and tsunamis will become possible.
- In 2120, mind uploading will enter mainstream society.
- From 2130 onwards, a large-scale civilian settlement of the Moon will be underway.
- From the second half of the 22nd century onwards, interstellar travel will become possible.
- Also, in 2150, androids will be physically indistinguishable from real humans.
- In 2160, mass extinctions will level off.
- Around the same time, the first humans will live to be bicentenarians.
- In 2180, antimatter power plants are about to start up.
- In 2182, with an estimated probability of 0.07%, Apollo asteroid 1999 RQ36 (also known as 101955 Bennu) could hit the Earth. It has a mean diameter of approximately 493 meters.
- In 2190, global languages will have become few in number.
- According to the UN Population Bureau, life expectancy in 2200 will be around 100 for developed countries and the world population will be about 8.5 billion.
“When the number of factors coming into play in a phenomenological complex is too large scientific method in most cases fails. One need only think of the weather, in which case the prediction even for a few days ahead is impossible.” ― Albert Einstein